Updated: Sep 7, 2019
The good news is that by offering online ordering, a restaurant can differentiate and immediately see the rewards. Here are four reasons you should add online ordering today for instant results.
Advantage #1: The Demand for Online Ordering is real :
Let's get the primary reason out within the open: the demand for online food ordering exists. Offering online ordering conveys to your client base that you are a modern restaurant and want to be convenient and accessible for all of your guests. Here area unit many stats to prove this paradigm shift:
· Since 2014, about half-hour of diners aged 18 to 54 have ordered food from a restaurant's web site via their phone or tablet.
· For Toast’s top 10 FSR users of online ordering, online ordering makes up 8-10% of overall sales.
· For Toast’s top 10 QSR users of online ordering, online ordering makes up 15-18% of overall sales.
· QSR net found that digital restaurant ordering is growing 300 % faster than dine-in traffic.
· According to NPD group, more delivery orders will soon be placed online than over the phone. Note the trend in the chart below.
Advantage #2 You Keep the Profits :
Unlike an online ordering aggregate website, hosting an online ordering system from your restaurant's point of sale means you keep all the revenue from the transaction. No more losing large benefit percentages to the middleman. Instead, paying a flat fee for this functionality permits you to arrange for that expense entirely. The a lot of you sell, the a lot of profit you earn.
Advantage #3 You Collect Crucial Customer Data:
In a business where knowing what your customers need is an enormous advantage, in-house online ordering may be a good way to urge that insight. Unlike third-party online ordering vendors, in-house food ordering systems enable you to record client info and order patterns for each dealings. Without this knowledge, you cannot tell WHO your regular online customers area unit, what they are ordering the most, and when they order from your restaurant. Collecting customer information allows you to build a a lot of customized guest experience on-line.
Advantage #4 Order Accuracy:
Going back to the miscommunication that often occurs when taking orders over the phone, online ordering systems allow the customer to select and modify their food order exactly the way they like it. This order will then be sent directly to a restaurant printer with no misunderstanding or miscommunication. Being able to take an order straight from the printer to prep will cut back on order inaccuracy and will save the restaurant from wasting money and bad reviews.